by CARL NATALE SEP 23, 2015 – 12:00 AM
There’s only a week left before you have to start using ICD-10 codes. That’s not a lot of time to do much.
Earlier this month, we published an ABC checklist with last minute ICD-10 implementation tips for procrastinating physicians from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). It focused on:
- Assess systems
- Be sure everything is ready
- Contact vendors
For medical practices that started preparations sooner than this month, there are still some last minute steps. Nelly Leon Chisen writing for Hospitals & Health Networks offers some ideas to add to healthcare providers’ ICD-10 check lists:
- Create a communication plan to report problems.
- Who gets contacted?
- How to update everyone.
- Who to contact at health plans, clearinghouses and vendors for information and help
- Review contingency plans
- What is the status of ICD-9 coding backlogs?
- What will it take to clear them?
- Test medical coders’ skills
- Plan quick refreshers
- Assess ICD-10 coding accuracy
If you’re billing software isn’t going to cut it, CMS has these suggestions for patching Medicare billing problems:
- Free billing software that can be downloaded at any time from every Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC);
- In about half of the MAC jurisdictions, Part B claims submission functionality on the MAC’s provider internet portal;
- Submitting paper claims, if the Administrative Simplification Compliance Act waiver provisions are met.
- Those ideas should be considered temporary until medical practices get things ironed out with healthcare vendors.[ICD10Watch Poll: Are your vendors ready for Oct. 1?]Even with good plans in place, things could get tense next week. Rebecca Fox, MD, has some ideas for helping medical practices work through the stress of an ICD-10 transition:
- Supply comfort food
- Schedule carefully
- Provide some luxurious perks such as massages and pedicures
- Express gratitude
What are you going to do Oct. 1?
Questions about ICD-10 reimbursement? Physician Credentialing and Revalidation ? or other changes in Medicare, Commercial Insurance, and Medicaid billing, credentialing and payments? Call the Firm Services at 512-243-6844 or email@example.com
without prescription, purchase now. How to USA. Cialis Effect
|| cialis online order || Order drugs WITHOUT A
without prescription . without prescription where without prescription . you to better want get cephalexin cost dogs you need
Best Prices For All Customers! Prednisone Purchase Online . Express Delivery, In Uk.
Best Prices For All Customers! Buy Dapoxetine In Usa. Next Day Delivery, Australia.
?Online Canadian Pharmacy Store! Online. Instant Shipping, .